Wednesday, January 17, 2007

New Year....Big changes

Happy New Year! Yeah, so I'm a little late for most, but if you are Orthodox, I'm not too far off!

2007 is already proving to be a very challenging year for me, both personally and professionally. It definitely will rank very close to 2001 when I became a mother.
My boss, whom I have worked with in one capacity or another over the past 16 years, has resigned. If we would have stayed in the "one capacity or another" mode I would probably be handling this better however I have been his "right hand man" (as he refers to and introduces me as) for the last eight years. I am NOT dealing with this well.
I am beyond happy for him and his wife for this opportunity. I am jealous of him because of the opportunity....I am sad that I am losing not only the best boss I have ever had, but two friends. Honestly, I am not sure how long I can or will survive at work without his support. Oh, you obviously don't know but our once great company has been reduced to a (HUGE) corporately owned bunch of pussies! Obviously, neither of our styles.
On the personal note, it's money issues. Yeah, I know, who's not having them? I'm sure to an extent Mike and I would still have them, but my desire to provide the best childhood memories, for all three kids, causes me to spend more than we should. I am my mother's daughter that way but I can tell you this....the memories of my childhood are great and for that, I am forever grateful. I can only hope in the 7 years that I have been in the older two's lives and the 5 since our daughther was born that my efforts have paid off, and that they too can look back on their birthdays, holidays, etc. and have the fond memories that I do. That being said, this is obviously the year of becoming financially responsible. (please pray for me!)
I am so on top of my game in many things and where big things, like oh...let's see...politics, world events and money are concerned, I am an ostrich. I bury my head in the sand and keep telling myself "Igorance is bliss". The years of ignorance have to end...it's time for bliss...in the real sense.

No comments: